Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Aha!

So, had a little false start as evidenced by no post Sunday or Monday. All I can say is, blame summer and it's wondrously lazy days.

Eureka starts season 3 on the Sci-Fi channel today and I couldn't be happier. Eureka is one of my favorite shows. It has a beautiful mix of comedy, suspense, mystery and romance (I guess suspense and mystery are pretty close to the same thing). What I really love about Eureka is that they manage to create great whodunit mysteries despite their science-fiction base. Even better, on top of the whodunit there's usually a howdowedoit, or how they stop the ionic cooling array (or whatever) from blowing up the town. On top of everything the show has some really wonderful fake science, matched only by (off the top of my head) Futurama (which has an alarming number of master degrees and PHDs working on it).

No comments: