Sunday, February 22, 2009

It Only Looks Like I Left

It seems the last time I posted was on October 28th, 2008, nearly four moths ago. To say that I didn't have time to post during the period between then and now would be no more than an outright lie, and yet that is how it has felt to me. It is not as though I have not felt the desire to write, or that I have nothing I wish to discuss (anyone who has talked with me for more than five minutes since Fallout 3 came out could easily confirm this). Rather I have felt the need to allow the ideas in my head to float about for a while. I needed to spend some time wrapping my mind around how I felt about my life, where I was headed, and what everything really meant to me.

Emo huh?

Jokes aside, I really felt the need to wrap myself up with everything that I had experienced over the prior year and incorporate it into who I am now. I'm trying to refrain from using a cocoon metaphor, mainly because I don't particularly care for butterflies, and yet I feel it offers a close analogy to my thoughts and actions over the past four months. If I am going to use the cocoon metaphor, then I must say that I have not hatched yet, I am still struggling with many ideas, especially concerning my future, but I have at least managed to get my mouth out so that I can communicate (how do butterflies communicate, pheromones?).

With all this having been said I would like to announce my grand re-re-return (how many times have I done this so far?) to the world of online writing, or, though I despise the term, blogging. I have many interesting things to talk about, especially with regards to video games and narrative design and tomorrow I hope to discuss the game that made me stop writing Fallout 3.

Edit: I wasn't going to post any "real" content tonight but I just saw this article over at Kotaku that links to an article at The -Minus World and I had to bring it up. The article shows off 30 stock gaming photos (models pretending to play video games) that fail. This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off the most when I see it in an advertisement or a t.v. show. Really if you're going to haev people pretending to play a video game, is it actually that hard to just go get an actual video game and play it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back... missed your pithy remarks.