Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hitting the Notes of My Soul

It has been exactly two weeks and one day since I returned home, but today was the first day that I have been able to listen to any of my music. For some people this may not be that big of a deal, but for me it's equivalent to being turned into a robot for two weeks. Something about music just fills me up, it makes me spark. I can write for an hour and get out one, maybe two pages if I'm lucky, but with music I can pump out ten pages of analytical academic writing with quotes pulled from relevant sources.

The reason why I haven't listened to anything is that I have to pump my music up so that it fills the room. I can't stand when music is going but you can still talk to people (a big problem at parties); my music has two volumes available, off and on. This makes it a bit hard to listen when there are people around.

So yeah, today was the first day that I've been, alone.

At all.

For two weeks.

That doesn't really happen to me. I finally feel like I have creativity again. Now if I could just get over this weird problem I have of not playing games when I'm home. I want to, and eventually I do, but it takes me a couple of months (and for those who think it's good because then I'm doing something else, they're wrong, I just sit around thinking about how I want to play games for hours).

By the way, here's three awesome video/songs that made me feel whole again today: 1, 2, 3.

P.S. I've got a new secret project that I'm working on. I don't have any details right now, but expect to see something pretty cool starting late September or so.

No comments: