Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mario Galaxy = Super Crack?

So I was originally going to talk about the use of monsters in video games or how helpful a good demo is to the consumer, but then my roommate started playing Super Mario Galaxy. From the get-go I knew this game was going to be amazing. The beautiful visuals, the sweeping orchestral soundtrack, to be honest the introduction was more epic than most RPG's that I've played. I think what made me the happiest was seeing Bowser as a competent, if not somewhat frightening villain. This game takes the wonder that was Mario 64, adds the good elements from Super Mario Sunshine, and then takes it all to a new level. Even more impressive, is that the game predicts the player become bored with just moving around small planetoids and sends you into a galaxy more akin to Mario's previous adventures. I really cannot stress how amazing this game is, if you, or someone you know has a Wii, get this game!

-Cory Ragsdale

No comments: