Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yes I Do Want To Write

I just finished reading If You Want To Write by Brenda Ueland, which was amazing. Never have I read a book on writing that hooked onto my fears on writing within the first five pages. There is a bit that I disagree with, and she seems very obsessed with William Blake and all the Russian writers (Tolstoi, etc...), but even that didn't stop me from blasting my way through the book in one sitting. She just hit so precisely on what I had problems with, it was simply amazing. 

In other news I got MediaLink to work on my computer, and it's really quite something to stream my music and pictures from my laptop to my ps3 (the space visualizer on it is amazing by the way). Sometimes I forget how powerful some of these songs are when played through a good set of speakers rather than my dying headphones. The most amazing difference probably comes from the Ace Combat 5 OST, it's just so intense, and for lack of a better term, epic.

Edit: I have no clue why the second paragraph looks so much more cramped together, maybe it's just my eyes...

EditEdit: Apparently this site makes the last paragraph smaller than the rest.

No comments: