Saturday, January 12, 2008

...Then You Can Have Your Dessert

It took me quite longer than I thought to come up with a topic that I wanted to discuss today, but I finally decided that I want to write about video games and the general public. Specifically I want to discuss how unwilling most people are to try a video game if they've never played one before. I have nothing against people who don't enjoy video games, or people who don't have the time, or prefer to spend their time on something they enjoy more. What irks me is when someone won't even give games a chance, simply assuming that they are trash or that they can't do it. I know far too many guys whose girlfriends complain that they ignore them when they play video games, and yet when the guys try and get their girlfriends to join them, to try playing games, they immediately refuse. All I ask is that they try a little bit, play for half an hour, if they don't like it, fine, just don't assume that you won't like something until you try it. It's just like eating your vegetables when you were a kid, try it, you might like it.

No comments: