Friday, June 6, 2008

My Monthly Drug

So yeah I have an addiction. In my defense I have heard nothing but good things about Beyond Good & Evil from some very good sources. It was also ten dollars and on Steam.

Interestingly enough, for the first time I encountered a problem when trying to boot up the game. The game worked, but the audio and video were out of sync, specifically, the video ran at 3-5x speed. It turns out that my computer was just too darned good for the thing. In a stroke of genius I figured out how to make it so that one of my processors ignored the program and then set the other processor to see the game as the lowest of it's priorities, which fixed the problem. It also made me really happy, because really, I'm running a fairly nice PS2 at maximum graphical settings and I have to trick my computer into not absolutely crushing it.

By the way, I'm about fifteen minutes into the game and I already am amazed with the character of Jade. She seems so, human.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, Jade actually does seem pretty cool. Of course, I'm just going by looks alone(damn, I want some green lipstick) because that description of her sounded rather vague: "tough, smart, compassionate, and resourceful woman." Well, gee, that sounds like nearly every video game character I have ever played.

Cory said...

That sounds like just about every hero in everything ever. No, they did a really good job making her feel like a normal person in this world that she lives in, and that's what makes her so cool.