Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Got Ya!

So I got a few more of you guys with that last post than I thought I would, so here's a quick refresher.

This is something that I have decided in heart to do, and I won't stop until the day I die. I may forget to update, I may get sick and take a break, but I will never give up writing.

I've noticed ever since I got from spring break I've been writing much shorter posts, I can blame some of it to school stepping up as it usually does after midterms, but the two largest factors are really that I'm finally working on a module that I like, and that the sun has been out.

Usually when I write these posts the sun has already set or it's rainy or overcast, lately it's been very nice out. What this means is that I'm out having fun or enjoying the sun, because I'm like some kind of plant-man that needs eight hours of sun a day or something. Honestly, when I'm in the sun my mood improves dramatically, and I don't want to be tied to a computer when there are people I can talk to and be excited with just outside my door.

Okay, I lied, there's another reason as well. Ever since Michael Abbott did his series on the Legend of Zelda series (Intro, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) I've desperately wanted to play Twilight Princess, and lucky for me my roommate recently brought his copy up to Tacoma. Since it's not mine and I only have a limited amount of time to play it, as I only have about another month of school where I'm roommates with this guy, I've been feeling somewhat rushed. In response I've been bull rushing the game when I'm not doing homework or working on my module, which used to be my nap and work on my post time. I'll give you my impressions when I finish, but I really can't recommend Michael Abbott's series enough (or his site The Brainy Gamer) it says everything that I'm going to say at an unparalleled level of eloquence.

If you enjoy Michael Abbott's series on Zelda, then you'll most likely enjoy Leigh Alexander's series on Final Fantasy VII (Intro, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3).

2 comments:

Michael Abbott said...

First of all, I'm glad your post yesterday was a joke. I fell for it, despite writing my own April Fool's post for my blog. Call me gullible. :-)

Secondly, thanks for your very kind words about The Brainy Gamer. I'm happy to know you enjoy my work, and I appreciate you recommending me to your readers. Very nice of you.

Finally, for what it's worth, I say go outside and enjoy the spring! We weren't meant to be cave dwellers. Enjoy the sun and take a break from the keyboard. The video games and the computer will be there when you come back in.

Cheers.

Cory said...

No thanks are necessary. Your blog is a haven for insightful discussion on gaming. Honestly, I just wanted more people to check out your site, especially since I know a good number of my readers aren't gamers themselves and your site offers an experience that they can relate to more readily. I know that I often use terms or knowledge that non-gamers don't know about, which is something I've noticed that you manage to avoid in your posts.

Also thanks for the encouragement, it helped me get out and get over this nasty bug I've had for the past couple of days.