Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Simply Amazing

Today was an amazing day that started off super-shitty, but first, the backstory.

About two years ago I was at a pizza place in Chicago the night before me and my family were going to fly to Europe for vacation. My mom told me to go wash my hands, and as I exuberantly jumped out of the booth, my left foot got caught on the table leg. This resulted in me nearly wrenching my leg out of the hip socket. It hurt pretty bad, but in less than five minutes I couldn't feel a thing. The next day I woke up to find out that I couldn't get out of bed because my hip hurt so bad. Despite this injury I went to Europe and for nearly a month, walked around on this bad hip, finally getting some chiropractic help when I got back. My walking on the bad hip caused me to walk oddly and that led to some lower back problems, but thanks to my amazing chiropractor, I felt like new before I even had to go back to school. The bad part though was that his fix didn't seem to be perfect, and I still had to go back every three months or so and get readjusted, and if I got sick and started to feel achy, my hip would start to act up.

Phew, now you're caught up.


So last week, just before the weekend, I got pretty sick (thus the non-post Thursday) and my hip took it as the perfect opportunity to start acting up. After I recovered (Sunday or so) my hip stopped bugging me so much, but at 5 this morning I woke up in complete agony. My hip decided that I had spent too much time in my bed over the weekend and so it would start spasming a lot if I stayed in bed. For the next three hours I rotated between walking in circles in the common area and trying to fall asleep through the pain.

At about 8 I feel back asleep, but I had to get up at 10 for an appointment to get my ears checked as for the past couple of weeks I haven't really been able to hear in my right one
(I'm really breaking apart aren't I?). I felt pretty shitty from the disturbed sleep and my hip still ached, but in less than fifteen minutes I was done with the visit and had a completely functional auditory system once again. I got some breakfast real quick and then headed back to bed since I didn't have class until 1 (yes it is amazing) and proceeded to have one of the best dreams I have had in several years. This dream was amazing, it was probably the happiest dream I've ever had, and throughout the entire thing I was in an absurdly good mood.

Thanks to my dream, being able to hear, and my hip no longer hurting, I woke up feeling like a brand new man. I proceeded to crush through my homework and then went on to finish Twilight Princess (Thoughts on that tomorrow) before the day was done.

Man I haven't rambled like this in forever, and it's probably rife with errors, but I really needed to just vent this day out like this. It's just been too good of a day to proof-read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your hip went back in... I promise I will never ever again ask you to wash your hands : (