Monday, February 11, 2008

Success?

If you haven't noticed I tried my first attempt at a formal review in my last post. I decided to do my first review on Super Mario Galaxy for two main reasons. One, I had said that I was going to once I finished it, and as far as I'm concerned I have (I've seen all of the stars gotten, have 113 on my file, and my roommates and I are working on getting them all with Luigi so we can get that 241st star). Two, it was an easy review since it was so good I didn't have much to talk about aside from how good it was and a few of my particular nitpicks. I decided to a letter grade or rank scale as opposed to a numeric scale, because I honestly think that the number system doesn't accurately convey sentiments like arbitrary letters do. Just in case you don't know my scale is a simple school grading system (F- to A+) with S thrown in for those titles that are simply must-haves.

With that introduction out the way it's time for me to put myself up for your judgement, what do you think of my review? What could I do better? What do you like? I know for a fact that I need to include more info about the game (kind of forgot about that in my fervor), but is there any other areas that are particularly jarring? Should I add grades for each section? Any comments you can share with me, positive, negative, ambivalent, are really appreciated.

No comments: